“Heavy rains expected in DeKalb County.” How often we’ve heard that at the top of a newscast? The weather patterns are changing and downpours seem more frequent these days. That’s not good news for homeowners who may be at risk for basement flooding and water damage either directly due to the heavy rain or resulting from a sewer backup. ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning Services by Skip is the best choice for residential water damage repair and restoration in DeKalb, IL. Here are some reasons why we’re the ones to call:
- We offer comprehensive restoration services, such as water removal and debris cleanup, pack out and storage of contents, expert restoration of contents and valuables, and full restoration of your basement or any other damaged areas.
- We will work with your insurance company and qualified contractors to make sure everything is completed properly and that your home looks as good or better than before the flood disaster.
- We have decades of experience and are backed by ServiceMaster training and technology.
- Fix and clean your gutters. A bad or clogged gutter system is one of the fastest ways to get water into your house. Without a free flow, the water spills out and seeps down the sides of your foundation. Make sure your downspouts run clear of your house or the same thing will happen.
- Install and maintain a good sump pump and make sure that water will automatically drain into the sump. Again, make sure that the sump outlet flows away from the house.
- Have a backup power source that will automatically kick in if the power goes out. A sump pump is no help without electricity.
- Install a backflow valve in your sewer line to keep excess rainwater from backing up from city storm sewers.
- Inspect your foundation for cracks; check your appliance plumbing, drains, and hoses; and make sure your basement windows are shut tight and locked and your window wells covered.
Again, if the worst happens, we will respond promptly 24/7 to your home in DeKalb, IL, and get started on your water damage repair.