Any time of the year can be a time of flood risk. If you’re living in a low-lying area in Sandwich, IL, have a house that is susceptible to storm sewer backup, or your home has older plumbing, you could be at risk. You may find yourself in need of water removal and water damage repair and restoration. In Sandwich, IL, your best option is ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning Services by Skip. We have the expert technicians for all your water damage needs.
Consider this scenario: You turn on the light on your basement stairs and discover you have standing water. Boxes are floating down there like boats. What do you do? Perhaps most important is what you don’t do. Don’t rush down into the water to assess the damage. If the lights are working that means the electricity is still on. Wading into water which may be in contact with a live circuit can cause electrocution. If the power went out during the storm, it could come back on at any time. Before stepping into the water:
- Make sure all circuits in flooded areas are turned off at the breaker box
- Contact your insurance company and let them know the extent of the damage
- If you suspect a problem with your sewer or water lines, call in a plumber to determine the problem and assess what must be done
- Wear waders to protect yourself from raw sewage that may have been discharged
- Determine the best and fastest way to remove the standing water before it causes any more damage
Actually, after the first three bullet points above, you only have to do one thing: call ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning Services by Skip. We will take care of everything else to repair and restore your home in Sandwich, IL after flood and water disasters. There’s no need to rent a pump. We start with water removal. We’ll get rid of the mud, pack out your belongings, remove damaged sections of wall board or other materials, dry out the area, and do any needed mold removal before we restore your basement to a safe and useful environment. For water damage repair in Sandwich, IL, ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning by Skip is your best option for comprehensive, quality disaster restoration.