Upholstery cleaning is serious business in the Somonauk, Illinois area, especially when it comes to removing tough, set-in stains from furniture or restoring Grandma’s old loveseat to it’s original glory!
If you’re looking to tackle an upholstery cleaning project on your own this summer, there are a few important tips and techniques to keep in mind. Let’s take a look:
- Invest in Cleaning Products: There are a lot of fancy cleaners out there, but typically, a clear, gentle dish soap will lift most stains out of upholstery. Other products you might consider are an environmentally friendly cleaning mist or dry rug cleaner, just to supplement hot water and dish soap.
- Invest in Cleaning Tools: It’s valuable to get your hands on a few white dish cloths, an upholstery brush, and a small bucket for all your upholstery cleaning needs. Additionally, it might be good to make sure you’ve got the right space to clean, whether outside or in a large indoor space, as well as a quality vacuum!
- Remove Dirt and Dust: Start by using that vacuum, and use an attachment to thoroughly extract dirt and dust from the surface of the upholstery. Make sure to get into all the areas of the upholstered piece of furniture, like under and between cushions!
- Tackle Specific Spots: Using your upholstery or rug cleaner, gently dab at large stains or spots covering your upholstered surface. Follow-up with a dry towel or rag to wipe up the cleaner.
- Scrub with Soap Suds: Fill the small bucket with hot water and dish soap, and then gently apply the soap mixture to the surface of the upholstered furniture with a scrub brush to remove all the leftover stains and dirt from your furniture!
Removing dirt and stains from upholstered furniture in the Somonauk, IL area can be a time consuming and complicated process. Although there are ways to handle small stains on your own, for a professional touch or larger issues, it’s best to contact a certified, trained, and experienced professional.
Ready to get your furniture really clean? Contact the professionals at ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning Services by Skip at (815) 498-9696 today!