After having some construction work done in Sandwich, IL, it’s important to make sure your house gets back to looking as good as new, or even better than new! That means removing all the remnants of the construction project, especially that tricky, nasty dust!
Ready to get rid of that post-construction dust and make your home your own again? Here’s how to get started:
- Collect your Materials: That means facemasks, a vacuum, broom, mop, and towels. Additionally, tape and floor-specific cleaners can come in handy, and so will plenty of patience
- Clean Air Filters: Start out by checking air filters for post-construction dust. These can be the first place dust collects, which means the filters may need to be replaced. Additionally, rent an air scrubber to remove leftover dust from the air
- Use a Face Mask: It’s important to keep yourself protected, especially if there’s still a lot of post-construction dust in the air. Invest in a facemask for yourself and anyone else moving around your home
- Vacuum Thoroughly: That means starting with the floors and then moving to the vents, light fixtures, shelves, window frames, and doorframes
- Mop and Dust: Use a treated dust mop for hardwood floors, and then a damp cloth or towel on all surfaces to ensure post-construction dust is removed. Dryer sheets can also be handy for cleaning wood surfaces during this process
- Final Mop: Use a regular mop to remove post-construction dust one last time before checking the air filters again
There are a lot of steps to consider when properly conducting post-construction cleaning in Sandwich, IL. Rather than handling it all on your own, why not invest in a professional cleaner to handle the nitty-gritty for you?
For the best in thorough and efficient post-construction cleaning in Sandwich, IL, contact the professionals at ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning Services by Skip today by calling (815) 498-9696!