Summer is a great time to ensure that the air ducts in your home or business are free from dirt, debris, and potential contaminants. Whether it’s your home, business, or other facility, ServiceMaster by Skip is your best option for professional duct and HVAC cleaning in the DeKalb County area. You can schedule an appointment for a time that is best for you to cause a minimal disruption to your customers or home entertainment schedule. And because we are thorough, you can be assured that everything is cleaned from the vent to the furnace.
When should you have your ducts professionally cleaned? The answer to this question varies with each home or business. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency says that beyond owner preference, there are some overriding reasons:
- If you have pets, especially animals with long hair
- If anyone in the family is a smoker
- If anyone in your family has allergies to dust, pollen, dander, or mold
- If you have just purchased the property and want to make sure the air is clean
- If you’ve recently had repairs or renovations to the building, or if there’s been major construction in the neighborhood
- If your local weather is particularly dry, dusty, or windy
- If you’ve experienced water damage or high humidity in the building that could have caused mold to develop in the ducts
One more reason for cleaning ducts, recommended by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association or NDCA, is simple efficiency. They say that dirt from ducting and other parts of the HVAC system can clog working parts and reduce efficiency of your heating or air conditioning by as much as 40 percent. The NDCA and the EPA agree on this point. The NDCA also says to look for a reputable, thorough professional service that will clean your entire system, and to avoid “special offers” when in comes to duct cleaning.
Cleaning ducts properly takes time, but it’s worth it. For the best duct cleaning in Sycamore, DeKalb and DeKalb County, Illinois, call ServiceMaster by Skip.