Whether you’re settling into a new home or cleaning up your current residence, floor cleaning for tile and grout flooring is a challenge in Somonauk, IL. Fortunately, even though porous grout tends to hold stains, it’s possible to successfully remove them from your flooring!
Here are just a few steps to follow while cleaning your tile and grout and to get your floors looking as good as new!
- Gather Materials: As you begin cleaning tiled floors and grouting, gather a few valuable tools first. Use a wet cloth, water, vinegar, and baking soda, as well as more specific tools such as a grout brush and grout sealer. With these materials, you’ll be ready to go!
- Prepare Flooring: Start by wiping down the floor with the wet rag. This initial procedure will lift any excess dust, dirt, crumbs, or grime from the flooring and often removes topical stains as well.
- Cleaning Solution: There are a number of floor cleaning mixtures to use while tackling grout, all of which depend on the severity of the stain. General dirtiness requires an equal mixture of baking soda and water, whereas more severe stains may require vinegar as well. Commercial grout cleaners may also be useful during this step.
- Apply and Scrub: Use a toothbrush to apply your mixture to the floor. Before applying the floor cleaning mixture, use it in a small and unnoticeable area, just in case it doesn’t work or causes a negative reaction with your tiles.
- Scrub Flooring: Once you know the cleaning solution is working, apply it to the entire floor, allow it to sit for a few minutes, and then remove the solution with warm water. Allow the grout to dry for about a day before applying a sealant.
Need a little assistance with tile and grout floor cleaning in Somonauk, IL? Fortunately, the professionals at ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning by Skip know exactly what to do! Give us a call at (815) 498-9696 today!