Whether yours is a home, business, or institutional setting in Genoa, Illinois, almost all structures have ducting as a primary form of air circulation from furnaces, heat exchangers, or air conditioning units. The goal is the same in all cases: to bring fresh, clean air to those in the building and to create for a safe and pleasant environment. Now consider one basic fact: if your HVAC ducting is not clean, your air is not clean. That’s where we come in. ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning Services by Skip has the equipment and expertise needed for complete HVAC duct cleaning in residential and commercial buildings.
Unfortunately, air ducts don’t have dust gauges on them, so you can’t monitor the dirt level. The only way to be certain that they’re clean is to have a look with inspection equipment. However, the U.S. recommends that you consider hiring a professional cleaner for some of the more obvious situations:
- You have pets in the house, especially animals that shed at certain times of the year.
- One or more persons in the family or the office are smokers, or smoking was allowed in the building in prior years.
- You have recently purchased the building and there are no records of any recent HVAC cleaning.
- There has been remodeling of any kind done in the building, especially if the work entailed wood, masonry, wallboard, or plaster.
- The building is a new construction.
- You live in an area that is agricultural, unusually dusty, or prone to high counts of pollen or other airborne plant materials.
- You live in an area that is damp or the building was subject to high humidity or flooding that could have left mold spores in the ducts.
- Someone in the building suffers from any kind of respiratory condition or allergy.
Of course, if you see dust, smell mold or mildew, or someone coughs or sneezes when the HVAC fans turn on, that’s the most obvious sign that you could use a complete HAVC duct cleaning. We clean the entire system from furnace to vent, so you know it’s clean. It may take a few hours, but it’s worth it for the peace of mind that your family or employees will be breathing clean air again. Make a note: in Genoa, Illinois, your best option for HVAC duct cleaning is with ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning Services by Skip.