Fire & Smoke Damage Removal Services
Seeing your home and precious possessions consumed by fire can be one of the most severe losses that a homeowner can experience. After such a devastating loss, reassurance comes from having clear guidance and support in salvaging as much as possible from fire and smoke damage. Our technicians are more than talented professionals; they're caring people ready to get you back in your home as quickly as possible, while keeping you informed every step of the way.
What Are the Common Types of Fires That Can Occur?
- Protein Fire—Food from the oven or stove has burned, leaving strong burnt food odors and smoke residue on contents and surfaces.
- Complex Fire—Multiple natural and synthetic items inside your home have burned causing black smoke residue on contents and surfaces and synthetic smoke odors. Here, emergency corrosion mitigation is needed to protect at-risk surfaces.
- Natural Fire—Trees, shrubs, and bushes have burned and smoke has penetrated the structure from outside, so smoke residue and odor are present.
- Furnace Malfunction—Heating appliances such as oil-fired furnaces have malfunctioned and caused smoke to be distributed throughout the property.
Fire Damage Goes Beyond Burning Items
- Ash and smoke can continue to cause damage and corrosion to materials if they are left behind.
- Odors from smoke will stay in a room or a home long after the fire and continue to cause problems if they are not removed.
- In a few minutes, walls and other surfaces can be discolored.
- In a few hours, finishes on kitchen appliances turn yellow.
- Smoke causes etching in glass after just a short time, and smoke will tarnish metal quickly.
Not all fire damage is the same. Our fire restoration process is thorough and proven. It includes:
- Identifying the source to determine the type of fire that occurred
- Evaluating the areas that are wet as a result of firefighting that may need treatment
- Remediating water damage (if any)
- Evaluating sensitive materials that may be damaged as a result of smoke and soot particles
- Removing contents from the home, including:
- Collecting immediate items you may need for the next seven days such as clothing, prescriptions, toys, school books, business needs, etc
- Packing out the remaining contents for cleaning and storage
- Performing structural restoration, including:
- Removing any charred contents that may seal in smoke such as insulation and burned wood
- Evaluating carpets and floor coverings that may need to be removed
- Inspecting the framing of the house and subfloors for safety
- Treating affected surfaces for smoke odors and sealing to keep any leftover odors from leaking back into the house
- Cleaning, eliminating odors and deodorizing surfaces to pre-loss condition
- Returning items to the original location and helping to restore your normal life
Don't Try to Do It Yourself!
The residue left behind after a fire is a biohazard and can cause health problems if it is not taken care of correctly and thoroughly. You do not want to attempt to clean up your home on your own after a fire or you may cause more damage. Only experts with the right training and tools can assure the job is done properly. Regular soap and water is no match for walls and woodwork damaged by fire. Cleaning fire-damaged walls and restoring cabinets back to normal requires professional products and processes designed to remove smoke and soot. Our experts use specialized products to thoroughly clean and deodorize. From beginning to end, our technicians are always there to answer your questions, ease any confusion and provide clear, step-by-step understanding throughout every part of the process.
Did You Know That Smoke Continues to Destroy Your Home and Its Contents Even After the Fire is Out?
Smoke that has coated or penetrated surfaces continues to affect the chemical composition of fabrics, metals, walls, ceilings and even tiles. Count on us to handle every aspect of the smoke and soot removal as well as restore areas damaged by fire.
In everything we do, we pledge honesty, dependability, and a job well done. Our professionals are expertly trained in the most effective methods for cleaning and salvage home or business content, fixtures, and structural surfaces. We can even clean soot from vulnerable items like brass, chrome, tile, marble, porcelain, and aluminum. We can also provide carpet cleaning, and clean fabrics and upholstery the right way to get them deep clean to avoid additional damage caused by embedded smoke and soot particles.
- 24/7/365: Quick response and action are critical. The more time that elapses before treatment, the greater the damage.
- Best-in-class Methods: Our methods and processes meet or exceed industry standards.
- IICRC Trained Restoration Technicians: Our experts have completed advanced training in fire mitigation, restoration, and corrosion control. We also require Continuing Education to learn about new techniques and equipment to better serve you in your time of need.
- Insurance Capabilities: We understand that as the property owner, you deserve clear and thorough communication, and we will give our full cooperation to both you and your insurance claims representative.