Cleaning ceramic tile flooring is an important part of spring cleaning in Sandwich, IL, but it can be a somewhat tricky task if you feel unsure of what to do! Before filling up a bucket or grabbing a mop, there are a few techniques to consider:
- Sweep and Vacuum: Sweep and vacuum your ceramic tile flooring regularly. This will keep dirt or grime from collecting in the grout and help prevent sand and other forms of grit from scratching the surface of your tiles.
- Mop Effectively: Use a mop made of rag or chamois rather than a sponge mop. Sponge mops tend to push dirty water or grime into the grout between your tiles, which will make it harder to get a truly clean floor.
- Change Water: Make sure the water you’re using is fresh and clean! After a good scrubbing that mop water will be quite dirty. Although that’s a good sign you’re getting the floors clean, it’s best not to reintroduce it to your cleaned tile floors.
- Clean Grout: Grout is by far the most challenging part of your tiled floor to keep clean due to its porous nature. For this area of your floor, use a grout-specific cleaner or bleach solution. Then, use a toothbrush to scrub the area clean!
- Remove Stains: Blot coffee, juice, or tea stains with hot water and detergent, and then follow up with hydrogen peroxide. For tougher stains such as grease, try using club soda and water. And for dark stains like ink, bleach is the solution!
When it comes to cleaning ceramic tile in Sandwich, IL, make sure you understand exactly how to get the floor and grout looking spotless! Although it’s possible to scrub your area clean, there are professionals that can make the whole process much simpler for you.
The folks at ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning by Skip know exactly how to clean your ceramic tile floors. Give us a call at (815) 498-9696 today!