Odor Removal Services in DeKalb, Illinois, with ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning Services by Skip
Something smells and you don’t quite know what it is, or, if you do, you’re not sure how to effectively get rid of the odor. That’s the case many of our DeKalb, IL customers find themselves in, especially after a disaster in their home or business. They may have cleaned extensively, but find the odor keeps coming back. They’re also sure their guests or customers are aware of the odor as soon as they come inside. Odor removal and deodorization are specialties of ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning Services by Skip. We’ll find and remove the source of the odor and then systematically remove any trace of the smell throughout the building. Fabrics, furnishings, textiles, and air ducts are just some of the potential places where odors can linger. Movement or contact with those surfaces, or the introduction of airflow, can make the whole place smell again.
There are many causes of odors:
- If you’ve experience higher than normal moisture in the structure, especially if the humidity has been over 50 percent, you may have a mildew smell that indicates mold is present. A flood or standing water is not required for mold to grow. Mold removal and odor removal go hand–in–hand.
- A fire of any kind in the building, even one that smoldered but did not break into actual flames, can leave invisible particles in your air system or on the surface of furnishings. The worse the smoke is during a fire, the more you’ll need a thorough clean up and deodorization.
- Grease and food spills in a heavily used kitchen area, especially in commercial cooking facilities, can be a source of bad odors. If exhaust fans aren’t meeting the need, or if things haven’t been regularly cleaned, this could be a major source of caustic odors.
- Chemical spills of any kind can leave strong, annoying odors that could also harm people in the building or damage the surface of furnishings.
- Organic waste and sewage backup are key culprits that can require deodorization of an entire building after the regular clean up and disinfecting has been done.
- Pet odors can require carpet cleaning and odor removal or deodorization of furniture.
If you need odor removal and deodorization in DeKalb, IL, your best choice is ServiceMaster Restoration and Cleaning Services by Skip.